Road warriors are the kings and queens of multi-tasking. They travel constantly, yet manage to get their work done at the same time. It’s not always an easy task. Airports are stressful; there always seems to be a crying baby on airplanes and hotels practically beg you to sit back and relax.
Road warriors must be organized, stay on task and deliver high-end material for their companies. Technology has lent a helping hand to these dedicated workers. With smartphone apps designed specifically to help professionals stay in touch or to keep track of the stockpile of receipts, the digital era has made the road warrior life just a little easier. Here are some of the best apps for any traveling worker.
The business travel lifestyle has forever been reinvented by our digital age.
Useful Organizational Apps
Staying organized is barely an easy task when you’re stationary, let alone in a constant state of movement. Road warriors need to keep track of key documents, manage their time and make sure they are up to date on key client info in between travels. Here are a few useful apps to make the organizational process a little less tedious.
1. Certify: Brien Posey, a self-described professional road warrior, spends the majority of his time on the road. His biggest hassle: the ever-growing pile of receipts. In a guest article for Tech Republic Posey mentioned an app called Certify that helps traveling businesspeople keep track of their receipts. The app can be used on a desktop or on a smartphone. Certify creates a digital wallet for users and allows them to create folders where they can categorize their expenses, explained Posey. The app can help road warriors keep these documents organized and in an easily accessible place.
2. Google Drive: The Google Drive app can be absolutely invaluable to businesspeople on the road. Storing critical information or presentations in this online hosting system can ensure that you and other relevant parties can access these documents anytime, anywhere. Keeping your business files online can allow road warriors to have even more mobility as this data is accessible on virtually any mobile device.
3. TripSaver: According to The Daily Beast, this app is a big-time help when it comes to organizing budgetary restrictions. Business expenses can be a hassle to keep organized. TripSaver can track your expenses and help create a budget based on your restrictions. This app can save you from having to do constant calculations to make sure you are staying on track.
Efficient travel is crucial to the day-to-day of any road warrior.
Top Travel Apps
Traveling is a constant in the life of a road warrior. In fact, it is this group’s defining trait. As such, apps that help with the mundane details of navigating cities, logging mileage and traffic times are crucial to any work traveler’s survival. Here is the creme de la creme of travel apps that can help keep your clients, yourself, and co-workers in the loop about your expected arrivals.
4. Triplog: Logging mileage is a required task for all road warriors. However, the process of actually doing this manually can be time-consuming and tedious. Triplog solves this problem. Simply plug in your phone and the app will start tracking your miles every time you are traveling over 5 mph, reported TIME Magazine. Travelers can check logging mileage off their mile-long daily to-do lists.
5. Waze: Waze is a one-stop shop for any car-traveler. The app provides drivers with real-time traffic updates, alternate routes, and local gas prices.The uses are endless. TIME described the app as a “smart car in a handset.” Road warriors can definitely benefit from the user-friendly features when they are traveling to various business meetings in a time-crunch.
6. Talk to me:
For the international travelers out there, Talk to me can be a crucial tool. The app helps translate words or phrases in 15 different spoken languages. All you have to do is talk into your smartphone and the app will then repeat what you just said in your chosen language. Road warriors who need to communicate small details to overseas clients or simply navigate a foreign city can benefit greatly from this application.
Because of the tedious, time-consuming nuances of printing materials while traveling. Mimeo’s applications help those who are always on the go create and distribute print, digital and blended content to their audiences anywhere in the world. Quick, organized and convenient – what more could you need?
Mimeo helped the National Business Officers Association “look like heroes” while traveling. Learn why here.